Confidentiality & Privacy
The law protects the relationship between a client and a psychotherapist, and information cannot be disclosed without written permission. However, exceptions to this law include:
- Suspected child abuse or dependent adult or elder abuse; for which I am required by law to report immediately to the appropriate authorities.
- If a client threatens grave bodily harm or death to himself or herself, I will make every effort to enlist their cooperation in ensuring their safety. If he or she does not cooperate, I will take further measures without their permission to inform others, including (but not limited to) appropriate Anthony Oropallo law enforcement and/or medical agencies.
- If a client is threatening serious bodily harm to another person/s, I must notify the police and inform the intended victim.
- If a court of law issues a legitimate court order, I am required by law to provide the information specifically described in the order.
- If a client attends therapy by order of a court of law, the results of the treatment ordered must be revealed to the court.
“Dr. Jackie helped me realized all my strengths that I could use to better myself and weaknesses that I had to work on. My mom and I relationship have improved too. I can now be calmer in many situations and resolve things without being overwhelmed with anger. I’m back in school now and doing much better and will continue to strive for greatness.”
“Dr. Jackie Clarke taught me useful techniques that helped me to make effective changes in my life. Even though it was hard to face my fears and deep sadness, Dr. Jackie Clarke helped me to find ways to live with the past and accept the things I could not change. I appreciate all her help and support to make great changes that will last a life time.”
With therapy, my son’s attitude toward immediate family members has improved. He is more willing to consider his actions beforehand, rather than just acting on them. Dr. Jackie demonstrated patience and genuine concern for my son as well as other family members’ wellbeing and future. She has helped to boost more mutual respect and courtesy in our home environment, which now makes our home more comfortable for all. We have grown to respect her skills as our family therapist.
“Dr. Jackie helped me through a very difficult period in my personal life. Her professionalism and courage helped me to understand the changes that I needed to make in spite of my stubbornness. I will always remember her counsel and will seek her advice for any difficult decision I may face.”